CHINESE AND SOUTHEAST ASIAN LEGAL CLINIC
COMMUNITY LEGAL WORKER POSITION
TWO YEAR CONTRACT POSITION
Chinese and Southeast Asian Legal Clinic (CSALC), a community legal clinic funded by Legal Aid Ontario, is seeking a dynamic community legal worker to help advance social justice and racial equity through community organizing, public legal education and client services. This is a two year full time contract position with a possibility of becoming a permanent position.
The anticipated start date for this position is May 1, 2017.
- Fluency in both Cantonese and Mandarin languages
- Strong understanding of systemic issues affecting low income immigrants and refugees
- Strong analytical skills and deep understanding of policies affecting marginalized groups including racialized communities, immigrants and refugees
- Effective advocacy skills
- Experience in community organizing and community development within marginalized communities
- Experience working with racialized communities, immigrants, refugees, and other disadvantaged communities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in utilizing computer technology
Deadline: April 14, 2017
Interested candidates are asked to submit resumes to:
Chinese and Southeast Asian Legal Clinic
180 Dundas Street West
Tel: (416) 971-9674
Fax: (416) 971-6780
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.